Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~Henry David Thoreau. These are photos that I have taken on my journey through life. Some tell a story, some just pop up out of nowhere. I hope you enjoy and I hope that these images inspire you too.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What is old is new again

I recently stumbled upon this great website called www.colettepatterns.com.  Sarai Mitnick is the owner and designer behind this website and has created some beautiful oldy worldy designs that will rival any vintage boutique.  And the best part is that the patterns are sized for modern day women.  No more finding the perfect vintage dress before realising you will have to get a few ribs removed to fit into it.
I got my hands on the "Ceylon" pattern and have just about finished the dress.  I am as pleased as punch and am now on the hunt for some red shoes to match the buttons.  Very nautical!
Check out the website and try making a new dress or skirt for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment